Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit contains the following tools:
1. Security Configuration Wizard (SCW) manifests, which add roles for SharePoint 2010 Products to Windows Server 2008 with Service Pack 2 or to Windows Server 2008 R2.
2. Load Testing Toolkit (LTK), which generates a Visual Studio Team System 2008 (VSTS) load test based on Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 IIS logs. The VSTS load test can be used to generate synthetic load against SharePoint Foundation 2010 or SharePoint Server 2010 as part of a capacity planning exercise or a pre-upgrade stress test.
3. User Profile Replication Engine 2010 (UPRE2010), which provides a shared services administrator the ability to replicate user profiles and social data between shared services providers (SSP) in Office SharePoint Server 2007 and User Profile service applications in SharePoint Server 2010. This Windows PowerShell-based tool is not supported for SharePoint Foundation 2010.
4. Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) connector for SharePoint Server 2010
Note: This tool is not supported for SharePoint Foundation 2010.
5. New in SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit 2.0, the SharePoint Diagnostic Studio 2010 (SPDiag 3.0) provides SharePoint administrators with a unified interface that can be used to gather relevant information from a farm, display the results in a meaningful way, identify performance issues, and share or export the collected data and reports for analysis by Microsoft support personnel.
For more information about the Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit v2.0, see Download Details: Microsoft SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit v2.0
Download and extract the package, then follow the instructions provided on TechNet:
- SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit v1.0 (SharePoint Server)
- SharePoint 2010 Administration Toolkit v1.0 (SharePoint Foundation)
File Name: SharePoint2010AdministrationToolkit.exe
Date Published: 4/22/2011
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2008 R2,Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2
- Security Configuration Wizard manifests: Can be installed on any computer running Windows Server 2008 x64 or Windows Server 2008 R2 x64.
- User Profile Replication Engine: Can be installed on any server running a 64-bit Windows operating system. Requires Windows PowerShell. If the source or target is running Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007, that source or target server must be updated with the June 2010 Cumulative Update (or a later cumulative update).
- Load Test Kit: Can be installed on any x64 Windows box, although the Prerequisitecollector.exe needs to be run on either an x86 or an x64 machine that is also running Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 or Office SharePoint Server 2007.
- Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) connector: Can be installed on any computer running Windows Server 2008 x64 or Windows Server 2008 R2 x64 and the Secure Store Service in SharePoint Server 2010.
- SharePoint Diagnostic Studio 2010: Can be installed on any computer running 64-bit Windows 7, or on any server running a 64-bit Windows operating system. Requires Windows PowerShell 2.0.